Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help with SFS
      #116339 - 10/27/04 12:05 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hello all,

I know this has been discussed before but honestly right now I don't have time to do a real search. I need some help with my SF. I was taking 2 teaspoons of acacia a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. During this time I was having a difficult time going to the bathroom and when I did it was usually small and hard. I am almost always a D. So I decided to up my intake and am now taking 1 1/2 teaspoons twice a day. Now, almost every day after lunch I have terrible gas and have to go to the bathroom all afternoon. Everytime I go it is just alittle bit, it isn't hard, not soft, just normal I guess.

So what is the problem, too much SF too little. I just don't know the answer. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--------------------
Janey

Edited by Janey (10/28/04 11:09 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help with SF new
      #116349 - 10/27/04 12:33 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

overall you probably aren't taking enough, but increasing by a full teaspoon a day is probably too fast and it caused the gas... you have to increase the amounts gradually... I'd have done like a quarter teaspoon extra for a few days in the AM, then added another in the PM and then repeated... hope that helps...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Help with SF new
      #116481 - 10/27/04 05:24 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm wondering if it's the SF in combination with what you're eating. It's also just as important to get the right balance of soluble fibre and insoluble fibre in your diet as well as getting the right dosage of sfs. I would back off to a teaspoon 2X a day for several days, and then try modifying what you're eating. Eat from the safe foods list and give your body a bit of a break. Then add back the insolubles.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Thanks new
      #116689 - 10/28/04 11:12 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Thank you for the suggestions. I will start increasing a little slower than 1/2 teaspoon each time. Hopefully that will work. It didn't seem like 2 teaspoons a day were enough.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6028 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 311

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review