All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question
      #116216 - 10/27/04 05:45 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

This is an update as well as, a concern. I have had C since Monday. I was doing well up until last week (became C again after being stable). Then I had D late Sunday night and I haven't gone since. I had a V8 (a small glass) on Monday, another V8 (a large glass)and a large handful of rasins and a Luna bar (has 1 gram of insoluble fiber) and 3/4 of a pealed apple in oatmeal this morning. Still, nothing, I have drank tons of water and I even did a short workout? Should I be worried, I was going everyday. Is there anything else I could do? Maybe I should try a supository later tonight? Or should I wait a few more ays until I use it? Thanks.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

a couple of suggestions... new
      #116218 - 10/27/04 06:10 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Did you try drinking something warm, like an herbal tea? fennel or chamomile sometimes can help me go, as well as eating a piece of ginger or even eating a peppermint altoid.
Bevrs suggested to me before to try blueberries, so I popped them in a smoothie and it seemed to help.
I also have used a yoga pose that I got off of a Yogi tea box , sit on the floor kneeling, with your back straight and your handsresting on your knees. Visualize through your digestive track for about 5-7 minutes. This was called Rock position by the ancient yogis, they beleived you could digest rocks by doing it. Also, taking my acacia in a largish- dose seems tokeep me regular in the morning. (one TB at b-fast, one TB at night)

Do you feel actually backed up and C, or are you just not going? Sometimes when I have a bad case of D, I cannot go for a couple of days. I am not C at this time, just don't feel like I have to go. Maybe it takes awhile for enough to get accumulated in the system to go?
Also, I have been Cish since sunday, and a banana last night seemed to help things through. Although bananas are soluoble, they help me go when I need to.

are you taking enough fiber? When I wasn't taking much fiber, an extra fibercon tab would help, too.

Hope you figure this out and can just go already! I find that the most frustrating, when I am D, atleast now I feel like I have some kinda control over making it stop, but when you can't go, it is tough getting back on track!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Question new
      #116219 - 10/27/04 06:11 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I would say that some of it depends on how you feel. Do you feel "stopped up", so to speak, like your insides are full of concrete? Are you in pain? If so, I'd consider using a suppository. Otherwise, I'd hold off on it - I always consider those a last resort - and just stick with what you're doing.

Back when I first started the diet, I went from a straight D to a C, temporarily. I'd go 7-10 days without a BM at all. At first it made me panicky, but then I realized that worrying made it worse and unless I was in pain, I'd just go with the flow, so to speak, and let things take their course naturally. I worked my SFS up to 8g/day and increased my insolubles. Eventually, I evened out.

Good luck!

Casey new
      #116221 - 10/27/04 06:16 AM
Sweetd

Hi casey,
No I don't feel stopped up, but I am just concerned because I was going everyday.

The problem is I don't know how much insolubles to add. I thought it was enough, but I guess not. I feel like I will never get it right. I'll keep trying to add, bu I don't want to get D at work (with my luck) in the process. I hope I start doing better soon. I can't deal with C again, sometimes I think that is worse than D.

--------------------

Sheri01 new
      #116223 - 10/27/04 06:21 AM
Sweetd

Hi Sheri01,

No, I don't feel back up at all. Maybe your right maybe it is bcause of the D I had a few days ago.

I tried the yoga poses and some fruit as well. I also had some decaf tea. I will try the yoga pose and some teaa and fruit again tonight and see what happens. Thanks for your advice!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 446

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review