All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Does ANYONE ELSE experience this?
      #115808 - 10/25/04 05:49 PM
Lauriea

Reged: 08/18/04

I am IBS-C and do fairly well on Heather's diet and Citrocel. However every once in a while I experience the strangest set of symptoms and I don't know what to do. I get a headache (more achy and not so painful) and my head feels hazy and not clear. Sometimes I feel a bit light headed. This leads to a queasy feeling and loss of appetite and nausea. Usually I develop sores in my mouth or on my tongue and I feel exhausted and wiped out. This lasts a few days and when it goes away I am so hungry. I had these symptoms even before I began Heather's diet and they have not changed. Does this happen to you? If so any help or suggestions would be SO APPRECIATED!!! Thanks, Lauriea

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does ANYONE ELSE experience this? new
      #115819 - 10/25/04 06:27 PM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

Hi Lauriea. You just described exactly the way I often get. I'm sorry I can't help you with this because I'm also confused about it. Do you also get cold easily and very achy, like your bones hurt? This happens to me a lot, too, especailly my back and my shins. It is such a relief to meet someone else with this problem. I have read threads here about fibromyalgia and the symptoms are almost the same. I have a dr appointment Wednsday and will describe these symptoms (I never had before just because I thought the doc would think I'm crazy). As far as how I deal with it, I always have to lay down for a while when I get to the nausea point and sometimes drift off to sleep. It helps the nausea but not the other symptoms. I take Excendrine Migrane for the headaches.

Steph

#115827 - 10/25/04 06:56 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yes very near (except the sores on the tongue). I mentioned this a couple months ago and no one had it. I get fluish and yucky and feel I guess hung over or something. It only lasts a day though and is often on Mondays (and I am not hung-over btw). I can't really help with why or what to do. Sorry.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#115862 - 10/26/04 02:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You should go and see your doc about this. Sores in the mouth are NOT part of IBS and might indicate an IBD instead.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1389 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 457

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review