All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A Bad D Weekend- Need Advice Please...
      #115548 - 10/25/04 07:35 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I had a really bad weekend. To start off my week, I was C from Monday until Saturday. Saturday, I had a bm and I thought, I was fine. I had another bm on Saturday, so I thought oh great twice in one day. Then,Sunday, I made the mistake of eating a hash brown from the diner (which usually doesn't bother me) and I wound up with D a couple of different times yesterday. Also, I had a donut, again, which never bothered me, but it tasted stale and hard, but it was in the refrigerator, so I thought it was because it was cold. I don't know what my trigger was yesterday?

Then I had bbq marinated chicken (which again never bothered me) but my fiance put a lot of herbs in it, so I think that was my trigger, plus he let it marinade over night so made it was too rich with marinade and that is what killed me later. I woke up from my sleep in the middle of the night (after having gas pains the entire night after eating the chicken) with massive D (sorry to be so descriptive). It was like it was when I was a C and I was finally able to go (unfortunately that is what used to happen to me). It was like everything inside me for days and days just had to come out. I felt horrible!!!! I took a Mylanta Gas, which helped me and made me go easier. I can't tell you had bad I was feeling all day, especially at night. I wonder if it was the chicken, I think it was. Or could it have been the donut, or the hash brown, maybe a combination? What do you guys think?

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I think you should stay away from donuts new
      #115559 - 10/25/04 07:58 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I know you say they don't normally bother you, but they're really not good for IBSers... all that fat. Anyway, I think it was probably a combination of everything you ate. Your system was likely irritated after eating the hash brown (curses on those diners for making those things so damn tasty!), and then everything else afterwards was just insult added to injury.

Safe diet. A day or two. Things will calm down. Feel better!

Re: I think you should stay away from donuts new
      #115563 - 10/25/04 08:04 AM
Sweetd

I was pushing it I think with the wrong foods. I thought it might be a combination, as well. I will go back on my diet and be good (but I really thought it was safe for me , that's the funny thing). But, what you said makes sense, all that fat. I really should cut out thoes high fat foods completely, your right. Thanks!

--------------------

#115635 - 10/25/04 10:30 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

I was pushing it I think with the wrong foods. I thought it might be a combination, as well. I will go back on my diet and be good (but I really thought it was safe for me , that's the funny thing). But, what you said makes sense, all that fat. I really should cut out thoes high fat foods completely, your right. Thanks!

IBS is funny like that. Often, foods that were safe for us in the past can suddenly become triggers! I've had this happen a lot to me and it's basically a trial and error thing.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#115640 - 10/25/04 10:38 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I think you had one too many trigger foods and with all that fat it is hard to try to determine which trigger setoff the D.

Go back to safe foods and you will be okay.

Good luck!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Thanks Everyone for your Help and Support! new
      #115641 - 10/25/04 10:40 AM
Sweetd

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 484 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 942

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review