All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm malnourished!
      #113640 - 10/17/04 06:32 PM
Lauriea

Reged: 08/18/04

I am IBS-C and discovered Heather's diet about 2 months ago. I went from being a vegetarian and fish eater to literally no fruits and vegetables except the safe ones and NO greens. When I eat anything more than soluble fiber I feel nauseaus,and when I stay on the soluble fiber diet I feel great...BUT I'M SO WORRIED THAT I AM NOT GETTING THE NUTRIENTS THAT I NEED. Any suggestions? Thanks so much. Lauriea

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm malnourished! new
      #113672 - 10/17/04 09:20 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Are you able to eat them cooked? Some people here put fruits/veggies in a blender, and find it's easier to digest them in that form. Do you take a soluble fiber supplement? I find I can tolerate things much better by taking one. You should really be taking a multivitamin every day, I think a children's chewable would be easiest to digest.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: I'm malnourished! new
      #113679 - 10/18/04 01:18 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

As a C, how are you managing without ISF?

The nausea could actually be anxiety based, because you're so afraid of eating something bad.

But a multivitamin sounds like a good idea - I take one because I know alot of veggies go straight through me so I can't see how 'I get any nutrients out of them!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2457 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 445

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review