All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Living at home causes IBS :o)
      #113427 - 10/16/04 05:10 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I was just away for a few days, and just as with the three other trips I have taken over the past four months, I was totally IBS free, even amazingly leaning towards C when I am a confirmed IBS-D person. And it was not exactly stress free -- I traveled to another city to have laser surgery on my eyes.

So, my conclusion is, living at home causes IBS! ) Wonder if I can pursuade the Ontario Ministry of Health that they need to fund my travel around the world in the interest of my health!

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Living at home causes IBS :o) PS to Laura Sue new
      #113431 - 10/16/04 05:14 PM
amo616

AND I ATE GRAVY SEVERAL TIMES WHILE ON THE ROAD!

Can you tell I have a thing about gravy???? :-)

--------------------

Re: Living at home causes IBS :o) new
      #113434 - 10/16/04 05:37 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hee hee! That would be an interesting proposition ... I'd like to see their faces when you make your pitch to them If this were the world it should be, then they WOULD pay for you to travel!

Did your surgery go well? I wish my IBS would go away when I travel, but it tends to hit full-force one way or the other Oh well, I guess we can't have 'em all~

Congrats on the IBS-free days!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#113442 - 10/16/04 06:02 PM
amo616

I am ecstatic about the results. I now have close to 20-20 vision and my contacts and glasses are a thing of the past.

I see you live in western Washington. We lived in Moscow, ID, in the early 80s and visited Seattle twice. We loved it out there. We especially loved the Olympic peninsula and the Seattle waterfront.

I think my IBS goes away when I travel because the stress of being in a very tight schedule with a challenging job, kids, etc, is broken. I don't feel like my stress is out of line but it is part of life and my gut is where it goes. Other people I know can't sleep, or get migraines, or drink too much.

--------------------

#113495 - 10/16/04 10:33 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

That's excellent! I've heard so much good about laser sugery - eyesight is really special & I'm glad that it's something that can often be corrected. (Though, it isn't always good for everyone - my grandma had cateract surgery and now she can see ALL of the dirt! )

I live in the Cascade foothills, and it's so bee-u-tiful! Today it has been pouring down rain, and I've been listening to it fall on the neighbor's roof. So peaceful.

The furthest I've been into Canada is to Victoria, B.C. in 6th grade. I loved the trip though, and I hope to be able to visit some more of the country in the future. B/f and I want to snowboard up at Whistler.

I think my travel probs are because my IBS has calmed down since I'm not working (so not as stressed) - so when I travel, I get stressed out again about food and bathrooms and everything. I'm glad that you get a break though!

Hope you have a lovely night!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

YOU'RE RIGHT! new
      #113649 - 10/17/04 07:08 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You know, it's so funny that you say that. My friend once commented, "Nel, you eat so much on vacation! You never eat when we're at work...!" and you know, she's right!

For some reason, I do so much better when I'm AWAY than when I'm HOME. I can actually eat breakfast (I can never at home). And I can eat more often, too.

Am I more relaxed? Probably. But I'm sure I also have a lot more going on as well. My adrenaline is up. There are 10 thousand things I'm NOT thinking about. And I'm not tied to my refrigerator, thinking hm, i have to eat that or else it'll go bad. I'm thinking more about what I *want* to eat. Like what my body needs. That's got to be better for me.

I think there's a thesis in there somewhere...!!! Let's get funding and take off!!!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2768 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review