All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
oatmeal
      #111762 - 10/09/04 07:06 PM
peggyann

Reged: 10/09/04
Loc: st louis mo

Wanting t know when i buy box oatmeal it has on it 2gms of soluble fiber and Dietary fiber 3grms. that confusing. what is the diffrence?I am a new ibs person. love the book heather so far.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: oatmeal new
      #111766 - 10/09/04 07:14 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Peggyann and welcome!! I'm not completely sure but I think dietary fiber is the combination of soluble and insoluble fiber. In other words the oatmeal has 3 grams total fiber consisting of 2 grams of soluble and 1 gram of insoluble.

Soluble fiber foods are what we need to eat at every meal to cushion our tummies. Insoluble fiber foods are essential for good overall health, but must be eaten carefully along with soluble fiber.

Since oatmeal is a combination of both, it's a really good choice for IBS'ers. It's one of my staples. I love it!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#111774 - 10/09/04 09:16 PM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

Hi! I have to stay clear of any oatmeal. I enjoy the recipe in heathers book Brown Rice with Vanilla Soy milk and a little honey. It tastes like oatmeal to me and it is delicious. fembeth

#111789 - 10/10/04 04:01 AM
shelley29

Reged: 08/25/04
Loc: Northeast, USA

Ditto for me... Once I started watching my diet, I was eating oatmeal at least once a day... I still try to eat it as often as possible & it's never bothered me... but everyone is different. My advice would be to give it a try and let your body tell you whether it likes it or not!

--------------------
-shelley
take it one day at a time.

#111795 - 10/10/04 07:20 AM
peggyann

Loc: st louis mo

thank you! thats the way i am going to do things one day at time. I am starting very slow on this. Hope it works. Heather's book is so great to read. I am not a reader and she has capture my attention.

#111806 - 10/10/04 09:02 AM
Rylee

Isn't is odd how we are so much alike but yet different? I cannot eat oatmeal. To much insoluble fiber, I think.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1775 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 786

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review