All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Baker's Catalogue and being a "bread enthusiast" new
      #108847 - 09/28/04 12:36 PM
Teresa Lynn

Reged: 09/16/04

Hi AstroChick,
I spent a lot of time on the Baker's Catalogue site today, but I couldn't decide what would be safe to order since I'm a newbie. Would you mind sharing which mixes you got? I caved and ordered their catalogue.
Thanks, Teresa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#108871 - 09/28/04 01:13 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Oh, I can't say that I ordered the absolute safest stuff, but I figure I can always feed the neighbors...

For bread mixes, I got the Alaskan Sourdough, the pumpernickel, and (I think...) the Oatmeal Toasting Bread. I also got a couple of quick bread mixes that are probably non-safe, but those are for a bake sale for the animal shelter I volunteer at.

The paper catalog is fantastic, and I think if you call them up they could point you to the non-dairy, low-fat options in it. They already have a gluten-free area in the catalog...maybe they just need to be told that an IBS-friendly section would be appreciated?

--AC

#108886 - 09/28/04 01:47 PM
Teresa Lynn

Hey AC,
Consider it done. I'll make a diplomatic suggestion re: IBS friendly items and let them know that there's a lot of us out here who need "special stuff." That should do it. How nice that you volunteer at the animal shelter. I did that for awhile and we now have one extra giant economy sized dog and four more cats which has put us in the zoo category what with all the other pets we own.
Thanks, Teresa

#109006 - 09/29/04 09:35 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

Hey AC,
Consider it done. I'll make a diplomatic suggestion re: IBS friendly items and let them know that there's a lot of us out here who need "special stuff." That should do it. How nice that you volunteer at the animal shelter. I did that for awhile and we now have one extra giant economy sized dog and four more cats which has put us in the zoo category what with all the other pets we own.
Thanks, Teresa

Hi Teresa--

Thanks for contacting them! If they seem unresponsive, post to the board and maybe a couple of us could just happen to request the same thing...

It's a struggle to keep the cat quota fixed in our house, but my husband dotes on his oldest cat and she really doesn't like other cats.

--AC

#109142 - 09/29/04 08:59 PM
Teresa Lynn

The deed has been done. I e-mailed them because I figured the customer service reps wouldn't have a clue. This way I will have a better chance. Also, there was a mention of an order as soon as I get my catalogue. That tends to generate a little more enthusiasm. We shall see what happens. Kitty Kitty looks so sweet. Purrs, Teresa

Re: Neat! new
      #109332 - 09/30/04 02:15 PM
Teresa Lynn

Hi Kandee,
I've got the pans and I was wondering if you have your yummy donut recipes posted somewhere? Thanks, Teresa

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 301 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3179

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review