All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Metamucil Capsules
      #106761 - 09/18/04 08:49 PM
jen1256

Reged: 09/16/04

I just discovered that Metamucil makes a capsule. Is this
method just as good as their bulk powder form? Are their any drawbacks to the capsule form? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Metamucil Capsules new
      #106772 - 09/19/04 01:43 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Capsules are just as good in that they're still soluble fiber, but the major drawback to most of those pills/capsules is that the amount of fiber per pill is usually really low. I can't say for sure about the Metamucil ones, but I know I looked into the Citrucel pills when I first started SFS-shopping, until I realized I'd have to take as many as 24 a day!

#107071 - 09/20/04 03:13 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yeah, as Casey said you have to take pretty well 24 of these capsules a day! I used them for a bit and found that they didn't work as well (as Acacia, what I use normally). I bought a bottle a month or so ago when I ran out of Acacia thinking they would be an easy switch. I was quite stable at the time but then started progressively getting worse Plus, they're terribly inconvenient (and as such, easy to forget)

Anyway, hope some of this is useful to you!

Laurel.

#107078 - 09/20/04 03:48 PM
SisterDawn

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Iowa.

Hi, Jen, and all! Jen, I tried the Metamucil caps before I ever found this site, but they didn't work very well for me. As I've read the site, Heather actually recommends quite a few other SFS over Metamucil. I plan to start taking Acacia, and see what that does. Maybe do a site search for Metamucil and see what Heather has to say about it, but of course your decision is your own, and different things work for different people.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 447 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 476

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review