All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Vanilla Wafers.....
      #106533 - 09/17/04 12:41 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I thought I read somewhere that these are safe?? They have whey from milk in them - I'm assuming that's a bad thing right?? Or are they ok to eat?? Please say they are because I just ate 4 of them!!!!!!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Vanilla Wafers..... new
      #106537 - 09/17/04 12:56 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

They're honestly probably not the best thing you could have eaten - they tend to be higher in fat for what you're getting in terms of size, but I don't think there's a necessity with eating four that anything will happen. It will probably depend on your own personal form of IBS. Hopefully not though!

- Vincent

Thanks jrs... new
      #106541 - 09/17/04 01:03 PM
Cara4503

They were the reduced fat kind........but I can already feel my stomach rumbling. I'm dumb. Oh well. SO frustrating!!!!!!!!!!
Hey are you still taking Zoloft?

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Thanks jrs... new
      #106549 - 09/17/04 01:25 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I'm sure you'll be fine -- just try and take your mind off of it, since that will only make things worse!

No, I couldn't take the side effects and do the move back to Halifax at the same time. Right now I'm using a combination of loperamide and dicetel to keep things working OK. It's not the best, but it's better than nothing.

Do you find the SSRI's are working for you? I still might consider going on them, maybe over winter break with the impact of any side effects won't hamper school. In the end it all sort of depends on whether things settle down or not really -- the last two months have been rough because of all the stress related to quitting the job and moving back here, so I'm hoping that with relaxation and proper diet I might be able to make an impact myself. We'll see though...

- Vincent

RF Nilla Wafers..... new
      #106554 - 09/17/04 01:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I can eaten Nabisco RF Nilla Wafers without any problem.... I think it is one of those...everyone is different things.

Hope you are feeling ok...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#106557 - 09/17/04 01:59 PM
laural

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: near Tampa, FL

I can eat vanilla wafer and ginger cookies with no problems.This my 1st post on you board,& have been on the diet for about 4 months.Have had wonderful results.Easy to make french bread now,using bread machine then baking.I lost over 45 lbs. in a year,glad i kept all my clothes!I have a life again & don't feel so alone because of this mess. board!Can't thank you enough!

--------------------
May your hurricanes turn into tropical storms...that go out to sea.

#106565 - 09/17/04 02:49 PM
Cara4503

Hi Laural! Welcome to the boards!
Thanks for your response, and I'm so glad the diet is working for you! That's always great to hear. The vanilla wafers didn't do anything to me, yet...just the rumbling So that's good. I don't think I'll eat them again though....
Congrats on losing 45 pounds! That is wonderful.
Keep posting!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: RF Nilla Wafers..... new
      #106567 - 09/17/04 02:50 PM
Cara4503

Thanks Shell...that's exactly what I was eating - RF Nilla Wafers. Diary products do NOT agree with me at all...never have, so it was dumb of me to try it....but so far no D!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Thanks jrs... new
      #106568 - 09/17/04 02:52 PM
Cara4503

Understandable. Those side effects were not fun. I don't have any more - except the sex drive thing....I don't know if that will go away or not!
I do feel better on Zoloft, but I have still had some rough nights with anxiety. I wonder if I need to up the dose, but I don't really want to.
Hopefully you can find something that works for you!! Good luck with everything, and hopefully you can relax soon!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Cara4503 new
      #106572 - 09/17/04 02:58 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hey Cara
I am taking the Zoloft at 100mg for a week but been on it a total of about 4 weeks I stillhave a few of the side effects. I have the shakes and the sweats. No problem with my sex drive though. What MG are you taking right now? How long till your side effects wore off?
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review