All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bloating
      #10632 - 06/03/03 05:10 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Anyone here severely bloated? I sure am! It's so gross! I am huge! I am so bloated from retaining water, constipation, and gas. It won't go away. It's so depressing. I don't know if I'll ever get a small waist again.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I hear ya!!! -nt - new
      #10637 - 06/03/03 05:28 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: bloating - I feel for you! new
      #10639 - 06/03/03 05:44 PM
Lisa from LA

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Currently: Raleigh, NC Formerly: Lafayette, LA

Angel I soooo feel for you. I must say, I have been there and it isn't fun. Do you eat alot of salt? Drink the fennel and peppermint tea, avoid salt as much as you can and walk. As hard as it is to get out and make yourself walk feeling the way you do. It is the best think for the water retention and for depression as well.

Take care,
Lisa

Re: bloating - I feel for you! new
      #10970 - 06/06/03 05:16 PM
till

Hi
I do some walking. I hardly have any salt and I drink lots of peppermint tea and fennel tea. I drinks lots of water but it won't go away. I hope I dodn't stay like this for as long as I live. It's so uncomfortable. It looks like I'm exspecting!

Re: bloating new
      #11059 - 06/07/03 06:44 PM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hi Angel,
I'm sorry your going through this. I too have bloating problems. I've found Peppermint and fennel to be very helpful. Try ginger tea, and even chamomile tea. I take Bentyl too. This helps, but be sure to drink plenty of water because it can add to the IBS-C problem.
I hope this helps. Good luck

Cloudygirl.

#11834 - 06/16/03 06:42 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Angel - I read this health tip today & I thought of you (and all you other bloaters out there ) Now, I don't know how well it works but here it is.

"Beat belly bloat in 36 seconds - Snack on cucumber slices to flatten your middle in a flash. Cucumber is a natural diuretic that reduces bloat by speeding the removal of excess water and sodium from the body." - from First mag.

I did a quick search online & there seems to be a lot of info to confirm it. I guess it just matters if you tolerate cucumbers okay. I know Heather has a great recipe for Asian Sweet Pickled Cucumbers in Eating for IBS. It's just like a cucumber salad.

#11869 - 06/17/03 09:45 AM
till

I drink lots of strong peppermint, fennel, ginger,oregano tea but it's not enough sadly.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3036 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 941

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review