All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
is it ibs?
      #106135 - 09/15/04 09:54 PM
cdavis

Reged: 09/15/04

I am not sure if I have ibs for sure or not but I can't eat chicken or bananas or most meat ever! my doc has done all the testing that was in the book the first year and he thinks that I have it. my pain is really bad and it is also goes to my lower back, is that normal for ibs people or not?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: is it ibs? new
      #106147 - 09/16/04 02:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Have you had a colonoscopy? It's amazing how many doctors think they can get away without doing one! If so, then it probably is IBS.

You obviously have pain dominant IBS - like Heather! Pain going round to the lower back is pretty common - I get that too.

What meds are you on or have you been on? Do you have D or C or mainly just pain? Are you on a SFS?

Some people are extra sensitive to some foods, and some people have sensitivities (like mild allergies) to foods that have nothing to do with the IBS except in how they impact on it. When you try chicken, do you have plain grilled with NO sauce and served with rice or potatoes with NO butter and NO veggies? Lots of people get confused about what actually triggers an attack.

Try sticking to just soluble fibre foods for a few days and skip the bananas as you think they're a problem. See What To Eat When You Can't Eat Anything . Then stick to the diet avoiding poultry (no other meat is allowed) and bananas for a while. When you start to feel better, try one of them (chicken or banana) at a time, eating them very carefully.

Good luck!

Re: is it ibs? new
      #106194 - 09/16/04 08:20 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Also, are you eating organic free-range chicken? You might not be chicken-sensitive (hee hee!), but instead sensitive to all the antibiotics and other goodies in mass-raised chicken.

On the other hand, I've found that I do better with fish than chicken. Now wouldn't you prefer lox to a chicken breast?

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 964 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 278

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review