All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
i did it to myself this time
      #105796 - 09/14/04 10:39 AM

Unregistered

Don't you hate it when you have a couple good weeks and then you get brave???? I just ate the most yummy Taziki and hummus from this amazing greek restaurant and I am paying for it. The taziki is yogurt based (dairy) and both are loaded with garlic. My stomach feels like it just bloated 3 times in size. I immediately took 2 phazyme and some altoids, but no relief yet. Why do we get brave? How did I forget so fast how horrible these attacks are!
2 more hours of work and to the heating pad I go.
Thanks for listening.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: i did it to myself this time new
      #105925 - 09/14/04 11:24 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, we all do it sweetie....don't be hard on yourself. Your TREAT sounds so good too..... (*NOTE TO SELF: Shell, now don't go getting any ideas...besides Kandee will hit you with her cane at Fall Sprawl in Vegas if she finds out) LOL Hope you were able to get to your heating pad and have had some relief by now. Keep us posted.

Shell

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I understand.. Shell don't do it... new
      #105951 - 09/15/04 04:29 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sounds yummy but Taziki is something I can't do anyway.. I love hummous with israeli salad, and tehini and that I think I can still do in small amounts.. and of course what I'm going to miss is the falafel, I've been trying to think of a way to put them together and bake them.. I think I may still try that... if it works I'll share... then I can actually have pita my favorite way again.. meanwhile I think I'll make hummus... its so good and I have the ingredients all downstairs.. but I'm ok with garlic... I just use roasted garlic in it.. YUMMY!

another thing you can do instead of a lot of garlic in hummous is blend in a roasted pureed pepper... YUMMY

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Baked falafel! new
      #105973 - 09/15/04 06:20 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

of course what I'm going to miss is the falafel, I've been trying to think of a way to put them together and bake them..

I've baked falafel made from a mix, and it's pretty darn good. I sprayed them with olive oil so they did get sorta crunchy, although not as much as the deep-fried variety.

--AC (darn it, it's another food post making me hungry!)

Re: i did it to myself this time new
      #106167 - 09/16/04 05:51 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I'm personally notorious for doing this same thing! At least you're not alone! I think that we start to feel normal and then go into denial about our ibs. Then we eat naughty, delicious things.
I'm in the middle of a TERRIBLE bout right now too. Bloating, gas and that "jumpy" feeling in the gut.
Wishing, of course, that I wouldn't have eaten that stuff. Maybe I've learned my lesson this time???

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1966 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1342

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review