All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need help to formulate a diet plan!
      #105148 - 09/11/04 10:07 AM
pattcakes

Reged: 09/02/04
Loc: Sedona,az

Hi, all. I have recently found this website and am compelled to visit every day! I will be buying Heather's books soon but we're moving to Arizona (from New Jersey) in a few day's time. So, until I have an address where the book can be sent, I need some help. Can anyone give me a sample of their day's food intake, bearing in mind that I want to lose a few lbs. at the same time. This will hopefully give me a starting point for how much food I need.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need help to formulate a diet plan! new
      #105149 - 09/11/04 10:32 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hi Patty, I'm new to this also, so we can be partners! I also live in Arizona! Phoenix, where are you moving? You have a friend in Arizona now...

Jessica

#105150 - 09/11/04 10:41 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi and welcome! The good news is that you can find all the diet guidelines right here, without even buying the books. The books are more complete, of course, and I still recommend them, but the basics are online - you can get started right away!

I recommend starting with "What to eat when you can't eat anything" for a few days, and then slowly start to add in insolubles, safely. Start a fiber supplement, too, and remember to increase that slowly. Drink lots of water and herbal tea, and remember to get some exercise! I can't give you weight-loss suggestions, but if you stick to a moderate calorie intake per day and stay active, your weight will be managed while you stabilize your insides.

Good luck, and welcome again!

#105159 - 09/11/04 11:14 AM
pattcakes

Reged: 09/02/04
Loc: Sedona,az

Hi, Jessica, we're moving from New Jersey next week. Going to Sedona, AZ. It's about 2 hours from Phoenix, in the mountains. My husband's an artist and Sedona is a mecca for artists. Have you been there?

#105197 - 09/11/04 04:55 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Oh, yes....Sedona is soooooo beautiful, you will love it!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5652 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 474

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review