Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Casey or anyone on Lexapro
      #105024 - 09/10/04 02:18 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Hi Casey,

My ibs is often trigged by stress. I would like to start taking this because of my anixety.

I was wondering if there is any side effects when taking Lexapro? If so, what are they? I hate having side effects when I am at work! Thanks!

Dana

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Casey or anyone on Lexapro new
      #105026 - 09/10/04 02:24 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I kinda had that feeling of having WAY TOO MUCH coffee (I know this from before I new it was an GI Irritant) Also got sleepy mid day and a little tightness in the jaw.....BUT the good news is.... it only lasted 2 weeks and then all the side effects were GONE and have felt great. Oh, there is one downside that will last, at least it did for me..... it can effect your libido (sex drive).....so, my Dr cut my dose in half, but I'm told that is also the case with most kinds (someone correct me if that is wrong)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Casey or anyone on Lexapro new
      #105029 - 09/10/04 02:36 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi Dana!

I actually had quite a few side effects. The worst of it happened in the first 3 days - I was very tired and slept all the time, I was also very dizzy, a little nauseous (from the dizziness!), and I had D and cramping really bad. The worst of it was over with in 3 days, though. I've been on it for a week and a half now, and the drowsiness and dizziness are pretty much gone... the nausea is a non-issue... and the D, well, it's really not that bad, it's not every day and it doesn't stress me out. I expect that'll go away too.

I'll be honest... I have NO idea how I would have handled being at work the first 3 days. I probably would have just called in. I seriously couldn't keep my eyes open for more than an hour, and I was very dizzy.

I haven't been on it long enough to notice any long-term side effects yet. No effect on my libido so far. It's also given me the munchies, but I can afford to eat more!

What's funny is that everyone I talked to *off* this board that's tried Lexapro said that they had NO side effects from it. My doctor even picked this one to try first because she said the side effects were minimal compared to the others. I'm *very* sensitive to medications, though, because I never take ANYTHING, so I think that's why I got every side effect in the book, haha.

Thanks Casey new
      #105400 - 09/13/04 05:19 AM
Sweetd

Thanks Casey. I will have to speak with my dr. about this. I get paranoid about taking new medications. Thanks for your help!

--------------------

Thanks Shell Marr! new
      #105401 - 09/13/04 05:21 AM
Sweetd

--------------------

Re: Lexapro new
      #105475 - 09/13/04 08:28 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I am no longer on Lexapro, I swicthed to Zoloft a few months ago because Zoloft is safer for pregnancy and I'm trying to get pregnant. I have been on Wellbutrin, Prozac, Zoloft and Lexparo over the years and I liked the Lexapro the best. I was very jittery and had trouble concentrating for the first couple of weeks but that went away. I think the Lexapro had the least side effect on my libido!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5741 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 496

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review