All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Major problem with insolubles
      #104228 - 09/07/04 06:01 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I am sorry, I don't mean to be so graphic but I am seriously worried and I need advice please. Every time I eat fruit and veggies (I never noticed if it had to be small or large portion) I get very mushy bm's.

I can't stand it! I have upped my dosage of Acacia, so I figured it would be good to add some insolubles in. So, I ate a little bit of watermelon cubes, a whole banana, a couple of strawberies, a few small carrots, a very tiny peice of zunchini on Saturday, (maybe I over did it) and I had to go the bathroom and it was so mushy. I am going crazy! I don't know how much or when to add insoluble foods. I want to add them, but it seems like I can't. I don't want to have to deal with this all the time and certainly not at work.

I think I am scared off again from trying solubles. Anyone know what is wrong with me? Is this normal? Does this happen to everyone when the eat fruit and veggies? Anyone have advice. Thanks.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Major problem with insolubles new
      #104230 - 09/07/04 06:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Okay, don't try to do too muh at once! And remember, ALWAYS eat your insolubles safely! They should either be pureed (like in smoothies or soup) or they should be cooked until they are soft.

Fruit is often difficult fresh, so go easy on the melon and strwberries. Bananas are soluble! And cooked carrots are high in solubles too. Make sure your zucchini is well cooked.

Good luck!

Linz new
      #104231 - 09/07/04 06:21 AM
Sweetd

Will I ever be able to eat strawberries and watermelon fresh again? Only in smoothies? If that is the case, that's fine with me, I just want to be rid of this. I ate raw carrots. I guess that is not as safe.

--------------------

#104240 - 09/07/04 07:24 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

one thing at a time, and always cooked/pureeed or both BEFORE you try fresh.. I'm ok with fresh tomato in small amounts iwht a lot of soluble fiber (on a sandwich, etc) but I'm not adding other things in as fast... trying to do the one at a time, a few things have had definite reactions- but by using them one at a time I'm learning which ones... and what I CAN have safely too

Good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#104258 - 09/07/04 08:45 AM
Sweetd

--------------------

Re: Linz new
      #104271 - 09/07/04 09:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I eat some fresh fruit occasionally, but it usually makes me a little uncomfortable. Smoothies are def. the safer way to go.

Any raw veggies are NOT a good idea - be VERY careful with them.

Good luck!

Thanks Linz! new
      #104277 - 09/07/04 09:23 AM
Sweetd

Thanks!

--------------------

slowlllllyyyy :-) new
      #104310 - 09/07/04 01:13 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey there
like everyone said...reintroduce much more slowly...you want to be able to identify exactly what is safe so you can enjoy more of it later and not be scared!!! raw carrots are probably ruining the reputation of the faithful bananas!!! I reintroduce stuff once every 48-72 hours...so everything is clear..its tedious but I think of the long term life long benefit!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: slowlllllyyyy :-) new
      #104311 - 09/07/04 01:25 PM
Sweetd

Thanks, I will try to do this, slowly, but surely. I really want to be able to eat fruit and veggies again.

--------------------

One more question... new
      #104314 - 09/07/04 01:36 PM
Sweetd

Thanks everyone for your responses. I understand now, to add them slowly and to drink smoothies, yum , but is this normal what happened to me? (Sorry again to be graphic) Does this happen to a lot of you, or do all of you have different things that happen when you eat too much fruit or veggies. I am just curious. Thanks.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5484 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 774

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review