All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Food Allergies
      #103760 - 09/03/04 07:24 PM
timcorley

Reged: 09/03/04

I was diagnosed with ibs-c, but only after a few gastros just told me to take pepto..lol thanks! I am allergic to soy, dairy, bananas, pineapples, green beans, asparagus, kidney beans, amaranth flour and red meat..lol I can basically eat chicken and some fruits and veggies...ive lost like 60 pounds since feb. and I was wondering if anyone has the same problem and what they do for meals or supplements...this is new and i know i need calcium but i cant take multi-vitamins because they all have bromelain which is a pineapple enzyme which wrecks me....I should probably talk to a nutritionist but i just wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem and how they stay healthy or anything really....thank ya:)

www.myspace.com/timcorley

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Food Allergies new
      #103766 - 09/03/04 08:14 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

hello,

i am also intolerant of soy and dairy, primarily because they cause me migraine headaches, and of course dairy effects my IBS-D. Anyway, this will be the second time today I recommend the Home Shopping Network for supplements. There is a guy named Andrew Lessman. He is great, he used to work for the FDA and knows alot about supplements and what goes in them. He makes all of his vitamins and supplements without any additives, all you get is what is labeled on the bottle in a gelatin capsule, definitely no dairy, soy, preservatives, etc. I take his Calcium Intensive Care, it contains only Calcium citrate/carbonate, Vitamin D, and Boron. He also grinds it up into a very fine powder and puts it in a gelatin capsule, so that it is easy to digest. Just FYI, hard calcium tablets that you buy at the store are usually very hard to digest, especially for IBSers. Anyway go to HSN.com or call 1-800-284-3100 and look at Andrew Lessman's products.

Re: Food Allergies new
      #103814 - 09/04/04 07:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Food wise, can you eat fish and white meat? Cos apart from the soy, most of the stuff you can't eat ties in with the IBS diet! If I were you I'd be eating loads of fish and rice and pasta and safe veggies!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3223 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 415

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review