All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS
      #101343 - 08/25/04 02:21 PM
2happyhearts

Reged: 08/22/04

I'm going through testing for IBS; pretty certain of the diagnosis; right now have started the supplements (this last weekend) things are improving but I just was curious what period of time it takes to stabilize. Still have a few problems, but nearly what they were. Ordered the cookbook and look forward to some good recipes (I love to eat!) Am so happy to have found this site!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS new
      #101358 - 08/25/04 02:52 PM
dmosher

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: New Hampshire

Welcome!
are you IBS-C or D, I am a C and I started this about 4 weeks ago and pretty much stabalized according to others on this site it mat take longer especially if you are a c...but you just have to stick to it and really watch what you eat, how often you eat...etc...

Good luck and take care!

--------------------
Donell

#101383 - 08/25/04 04:22 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I'm an A- thought I was stable in about 2-3 weeks but wasn't as far gone as some of the people here either... and then we had the fire, now I'm out of control again, but hopeflly with a few weeks I'll be back in control for the most part...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#101384 - 08/25/04 04:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I think some of it depends on what you want to consider "stable". I've been on the diet since the end of May, and I don't consider myself stable yet. I'm technically an A, I guess, but I was mostly D; the D stopped after a few weeks on the diet. If you're mostly a C, you'll probably take longer than that to really see consistent results. But stick with it and you'll feel better!

#101593 - 08/26/04 10:35 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Welcome so much!! I'm so glad you found us and so glad to hear that things are improving. As the others said, it really depends, but some people see a dramatic improvement in only two or three days, for others it takes months. I'd say the average is a few weeks to start feeling "stable". Good luck and keep coming back!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#101711 - 08/26/04 03:34 PM
2happyhearts

Reged: 08/22/04

Thank you! I am a D - Today is one the best days I have had in awhile. Also slept through the night. Been really adhering to the food thing - ate at a restaurant last nite, ordered chicken (no skin) ate a very small portion and with the exception of a little cramping, felt good. This is my first week on the supplements. I've also ordered the tummy teas. Are they good?

#101717 - 08/26/04 03:59 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

That's great news!! Yes, the tummy teas are very helpful!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 177 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 898

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review