All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
What causes Nausia?
      #100601 - 08/23/04 12:39 PM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

Why do some people with IBS (My husband has IBS A) experience nausia? Is it because the colin does not reabsorb gas and it backs up into your lower GI? He also feels full down in his lower abs even if he does not eat a big meal. We just discoverd Gas X yesterday and does provide relief.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What causes Nausia? new
      #100603 - 08/23/04 12:45 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
I think there are probably a lot of causes of nausea and I don't know a lot, but when _I_ get most nauseous is when I haven't eaten in a while. I've heard that the build up of acid in your stomach when you haven't eaten for a while and there is nothing in there to absorb the acid, it can cause nausea.
The fullness in his lower tummy could totally be gas pains, but I don't know if that is connected to the acid thing.. not sure..

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#100606 - 08/23/04 12:48 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

The same thing happens to me if I haven't eatten in a while, my stomach churns and I get nausous and I get pains in my stomach.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#100607 - 08/23/04 12:51 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

If my gas levels are high I tend to get nauseaus and feel full, also I get that nauseaus feeling first thing in the AM most days (not pregnancy- I'm sure).. so I use a lot of fennel tea and gas-x (storebrand version) as well as when I have diahrea issues I take immodium advanced, but not when I'm stable or leaning towards the c side of things as that will cause other issues... from reading here, seems a lot of us IBS-A people have these issues... not sure if its more then C and D people or I just notice more of the posts.

Amie in MI

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

I get really nauseous in the mornings too.. I wonder why that is (not preggers either) -nt- new
      #100614 - 08/23/04 01:03 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#100635 - 08/23/04 01:41 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I get nausea, too. I think it does have something to do with acid in the stomach. Pepcid or tums might help. I also get nauseated when I am stressed out. Sometimes I take Pepto-bismol, yuk, and that does help. Ginger is supposed to be good but I haven't tried that yet.

One more thing, I get nausea when I haven't eaten for awhile and get shaky and nauseated from low blood sugar. Usually, if I eat crackers or just something it gets better.

I think nausea is the worst!

Barbie

--------------------

Re: I get really nauseous in the mornings too.. I wonder why that is (not preggers either) -nt- new
      #100661 - 08/23/04 03:05 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Are you on a birth control pill? A LOT of women who take the pill at night wake up nauseated, especially if they wake up very early. This happens to me sometimes, but less since I switched to Yasmin. But oh man .... if I forget one pill and have to double up the next night, I am visibly green in the morning. Just a thought.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: I get really nauseous in the mornings too.. I wonder why that is (not preggers either) -nt- new
      #100663 - 08/23/04 03:10 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

not me- I can't take the pill.. I tried.. even on the weakest dose I had black blood clots leak out the second month, and horrendous cramping and nausea all month long.. wish it was that simple, but as I find more IBS'ers with this I wonder if it has to do with an empty tummy....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#100665 - 08/23/04 03:11 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't know what causes it, I just know I have it too! I just have straight nausea, though - no gassiness, and none of that "full" feeling. I also can't link it to an empty stomach, like most people can - sometimes it's worse if I try to eat. My doctor just prescribed me phenergan for it, although I can't vouch for how it works, since it's taken on an as-needed basis and I haven't needed it yet. That's great if gas-x gives him some relief, though!

Edited by atomic rose (08/23/04 03:13 PM)

#100684 - 08/23/04 03:45 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I was prescribed phenergan once when I had a horrible virus that was making me vomit every half hour. They gave me a shot of phenergan in the hip (and by "hip" they meant "a$$"), and then pills to take every few hours afterwards. Well first of all it knocked me out, bigtime. I slept for about 15 hours (though I'm sure the high fever had something to do with that). The weird thing is that I woke up the next morning with hives all over my body, which got worse for the next 24 hours, until I treated it with benedryl. Even my ears and fingers swelled up, and my throat got itchy. It was a real allergic reaction, but took almost a day to present. No doctor or pharmacist had ever heard of that happening with phenergan, so you probably won't have a problem, but I just thought I'd give you the heads up. The drowsiness side effect is definitely common, though, so be careful.
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4023 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4414

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review